Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if double is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on double.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer DOUBLE has 166 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word DOUBLE is VALID in some board games. Check DOUBLE in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of double in various dictionaries:
noun - a base hit on which the batter stops safely at second base
noun - a stand-in for movie stars to perform dangerous stunts
noun - someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor)
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Jeopardy Clues|
|Scotch, & make it this(6)|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|Twice as much in size, strength, number, or amount: a double dose.|
|Composed of two unlike parts dual: a double meaning a double role for an actor.|
|Accommodating or designed for two: a double bed a double room.|
|Characterized by duplicity deceitful: speak with a double tongue.|
|Botany Having many more than the usual number of petals, usually in a crowded or an overlapping arrangement: a double chrysanthemum.|
|Something increased twofold.|
|One that closely resembles another a duplicate.|
|An actor's understudy.|
|An actor who takes the place of another actor in scenes requiring special skills or preparations: a stunt double a body double.|
|Composed of two like parts: double doors.|
|Double might refer to|
* Look-alike, a person who closely resembles another person|
* Body double, someone who substitutes for the credited actor of a character
* Doppelgänger, ghostly double of a living person
* Polish Enigma doubles, replicating the function of Nazi Germany's cipher machines
* Double, a bet which combines two selections; see Glossary of bets offered by UK bookmakers#Double
* Double, a former fraction of the Guernsey pound
* Double, a former rank of a liturgical feast in the Roman Rite
* Double-flowered form of plants