Anagrammer Crossword Solver is a powerful crossword puzzle resource site. We maintain millions of regularly updated crossword solutions, clues and answers of almost every popular crossword puzzle and word game out there. We encourage you to bookmark our puzzle solver as well as the other word solvers throughout our site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and plenty more resources that will make you a much better player. This page shows you that Troutlike fish is a possible clue for smelt. You can also see that this clue and answer has appeared in these newspapers and magazines: June 9 2019 Newsday.com, June 9 2019 Newsday.com, April 15 2019 Canadiana and more. Smelt: Smelt may refer to: Smelting, chemical process The common name of various fish Smelt (fish), a famil...
Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if smelt is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on smelt.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer SMELT has 295 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word SMELT is VALID in some board games. Check SMELT in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of smelt in various dictionaries:
noun - small cold-water silvery fish
noun - small trout-like silvery marine or freshwater food fishes of cold northern waters
verb - extract (metals) by heating
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Relative of the salmon|
|Sensed odors, old-style|
|Put through a furnace|
|Silvery food fish|
|Possible Jeopardy Clues|
|To have inhaled the aroma of something|
|A silvery food fish, or to heat ore in order to extract metal|
|Smelt might refer to|
* Smelting, chemical process
* The common name of various fish
* Smelt (fish), a family of small fish, Osmeridae
* Australian smelt in the family Retropinnidae and species Retropinna semoni
* Big-scale sand smelt Atherina boyeri
* Deep-sea smelts in the family Bathylagidae
* Great Lakes smelts (North American) in the family Osmeridae and genera Allosmerus (also called whitebait smelt), Hypomesus, Mallotus, Osmerus, Spirinchus and Thaleichthys
* Herring smelt of the family Argentinidae
* Mediterranean sand smelt, Atherina hepsetus
* New Zealand smelt in the family Retropinnidae and species Retropinna retropinna
* some species in Silverside family Atherinidae
* Smelt-whitings in the family Sillaginidae
* Whitebait smelts (North American) in the family Osmeridae and genera: Allosmerus, Hypomesus and Mallotus*