Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if relict is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on relict.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer RELICT has 56 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word RELICT is VALID in some board games. Check RELICT in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of relict in various dictionaries:
noun - an organism or species surviving as a remnant of an otherwise extinct flora or fauna in an environment much changed from that in which it originated
noun - geological feature that is a remnant of a pre-existing formation after other parts have disappeared
An organism or a species of an earlier time surviving in an environment that has undergone considerable change.
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|a thing which has survived from an earlier period or in a primitive form.|
|A thing which has survived from an earlier period or in a primitive form.|
|geological feature that is a remnant of a pre-existing formation after other parts have disappeared|
|an organism or species surviving as a remnant of an otherwise extinct flora or fauna in an environment much changed from that in which it originated|
|Ecology An organism or species of an earlier time surviving in an environment that has undergone considerable change.|
|Something that has survived a remnant.|
|Geology Of or relating to something that has survived, as structures or minerals after destructive processes.|
A relict is a surviving remnant of a natural phenomenon.* In biology a relict (or relic) is an organism that at an earlier time was abundant in a large area but now occurs at only one or a few small areas.|
* In ecology, an ecosystem which originally ranged over a large expanse, but is now narrowly confined, may be termed a relict.
* In geology, a relict is a structure or mineral from a parent rock that did not undergo metamorphosis when the surrounding rock did, or a rock that survived a destructive geologic process.
* In geomorphology, a relict landform is a landform formed by either erosive or constructive surficial processes that are no longer active as they were in the past.
* In agronomy, a relict crop is a crop which was previously grown extensively, but is now only used in one limited region, or a small number of isolated regions.
* In history (as revealed in DNA testing), a relict population refers to an ancient people in an area who have been largely supplanted by a later group of migra