Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if homo is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on homo.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer HOMO has 105 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word HOMO is VALID in some board games. Check HOMO in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of homo in various dictionaries:
noun - someone who practices homosexuality
noun - any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
Used as a disparaging term for a gay or homosexual person.
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Word with erectus or sapiens|
|Genus of 115-Across|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|a homosexual man.|
|A member of the genus Homo, which includes the extinct and extant species of humans.|
|Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a gay man or lesbian.|
|any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae|
|someone who practices homosexuality having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex|
|A homosexual man.|
|The genus of primates of which modern humans (Homo sapiens ) are the present-day representatives.|
|an offensive word for a gay man|
|the genus ( biological group) that includes modern humans and other extinct human species:|
|Homo, Nord-Trondelag, NORWAY|
|Homo, Arequipa, PERU|
|Homo, (Region code: 38), BURKINA FASO|
Homo (Latin hom "human being") is the genus that encompasses the extant species Homo sapiens (modern humans), plus several extinct species classified as either ancestral to or closely related to modern humans (depending on a species), most notably Homo erectus and Homo neanderthalensis. |
* The genus is taken to emerge with the appearance of Homo habilis, just more than two million years ago.Homo is derived from the genus Australopithecus, which itself had previously split from the lineage of Pan, the chimpanzees.
* Taxonomically, Homo is the only genus assigned to the subtribe Hominina which, with the subtribes Australopithecina and Panina, comprise the tribe Hominini.
* Homo erectus appeared about two million years ago and, in several early migrations, it spread throughout Africa (where it is dubbed Homo ergaster) and Eurasia.
* It was likely the first human species to live in a hunter-gatherer society and to control fire.
* An adaptive and successful species, Homo erectus persisted for mo