Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if circa is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on circa.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer CIRCA has 264 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word CIRCA is VALID in some board games. Check CIRCA in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of circa in various dictionaries:
prep - about; around
CIRCA - Circa (from Latin, meaning 'around, about') - usually abbreviated c., ca., or ca (also circ. or cca., less commonly) means "approximately" in severa...
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|On or about|
|Word used in dating|
|Word used to approximate dates|
|About the time of|
|Approximately, as a date|
|Possible Jeopardy Clues|
|This 5-letter Latin word meaning "about" or "around" is used of approximate dates|
|When used before a date, the abbreviation c. stands for this|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|In approximately about: born circa 1900.|
|(often preceding a date) approximately.|
|(used especially with years) approximately:|
|(used before a year) about or approximately:|
Circa (from Latin, meaning 'around, about') - usually abbreviated c., ca., or ca (also circ. or cca., less commonly) means "approximately" in several European languages (and as a loanword in English), usually in reference to a date. Circa is widely used in historical writing when the dates of events are not accurately known.|
* When used in date ranges, circa is applied before each approximate date, while dates without circa immediately preceding them are generally assumed to be known with certainty.
* Thus, a year range like the example below can be expressed with circa in the following ways.* 17321799 or 173299: Both years are known precisely.
* c.1732 1799: Only the end year is known accurately; the start year is approximate.
* 1732 c.1799: Only the start year is known accurately; the end year is approximate.
* c.1732 c.1799: Both years are approximate.