Anagrammer Crossword Solver is a powerful crossword puzzle resource site. We maintain millions of regularly updated crossword solutions, clues and answers of almost every popular crossword puzzle and word game out there. We encourage you to bookmark our puzzle solver as well as the other word solvers throughout our site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and plenty more resources that will make you a much better player. This page shows you that In reverse is a possible clue for astern. You can also see that this clue and answer has appeared in these newspapers and magazines: June 14 2019 Newsday.com, December 17 2018 The Times - Cryptic, December 10 2018 The Times - Concise and more. Astern: This list of ship directions explains dozens of related terms such as fore, aft, astern, aboard, or ...
Welcome to Anagrammer Crossword Genius! Keep reading below to see if astern is an answer to any crossword puzzle or word game (Scrabble, Words With Friends etc). Scroll down to see all the info we have compiled on astern.
Searching in Crosswords ...
The answer ASTERN has 401 possible clue(s) in existing crosswords.
Searching in Word Games ...
The word ASTERN is VALID in some board games. Check ASTERN in word games in Scrabble, Words With Friends, see scores, anagrams etc.
Searching in Dictionaries ...
Definitions of astern in various dictionaries:
adv - stern foremost or backward
adv - at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane
adv - (of a ship or an airplane) behind
Word Research / Anagrams and more ...
Keep reading for additional results and analysis below.
|Possible Crossword Clues|
|Behind in the regatta|
|Like a wake|
|To the rear|
|Where jetsam may go|
|Toward the rear, at sea|
|Back at sea|
|Back in the navy?|
|Possible Dictionary Clues|
|behind or towards the rear of a ship or aircraft.|
|behind a ship, or going backwards when in a ship|
|Behind or toward the rear of a ship or aircraft.|
|(of a ship) backwards stern foremost.|
|Behind a vessel.|
|At or to the stern of a vessel.|
|With or having the stern foremost backward.|
|(of a ship or an airplane) behind|
|stern foremost or backward|
|at or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane|
This list of ship directions explains dozens of related terms such as fore, aft, astern, aboard, or topside. For background, see below: Origins.* abaft (preposition)|
* at or toward the stern of a ship, or further back from a location, e.g. the mizzenmast is abaft the mainmast.
* onto or within a ship, or in a group.
* a higher deck of the ship.
* aft (adjective)
* toward the stern (rear) of a ship.
* floating in the water without propulsion.
* resting on the shore or wedged against the sea floor.
* with sails furled and helm lashed alee.
* on or toward the lee (the downwind side).
* the stacks, masts, rigging, or other area above the highest solid structure.
* near the middle part of a ship.
* toward the port side of a ship (opposite of "astarboard").
* on or towards the shore or land.
* toward the starboard side of a ship (opposite of "aport").
* astern (adjective)
* toward the rear of a ship (opposite of "forward").
* toward t