Scrabble word: WHICH
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHICH exist?
Definitions of WHICH in dictionaries:
- Used as a relative pronoun in a clause that provides additional information about the antecedent: my house, which is small and old.
- Used as a relative pronoun preceded by that or a preposition in a clause that defines or restricts the antecedent: that which he needed; the subject on which she spoke.
- Used instead of that as a relative pronoun in a clause that defines or restricts the antecedent: The movie which was shown later was better.
- Any of the things, events, or people designated or implied; whichever: Choose which you like best.
- A thing or circumstance that: He left early, which was wise.
- Any one or any number of; whichever: Use which door you please.
- The antecedent of which can sometimes be a sentence or clause, as opposed to a noun phrase, as in She ignored him, which proved to be unwise.
- pron - what particular one or ones