Scrabble word: VARIATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does VARIATION exist?
Definitions of VARIATION in dictionaries:
- noun - an instance of change
- noun - an activity that varies from a norm or standard
- noun - a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- noun - something a little different from others of the same type
- noun - an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard
- noun - the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
- noun - the process of varying or being varied
- noun - (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
- noun - (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- noun - (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- noun - the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard
- The act, process, or result of varying.
- The state or fact of being varied.
- The extent or degree to which something varies: a variation of ten pounds in weight.
- Magnetic declination.
- Something slightly different from another of the same type.
- Marked difference or deviation from the normal or recognized form, function, or structure.
- An organism or a plant exhibiting such difference or deviation.
- A function that relates the values of one variable to those of other variables.
- A form that is an altered version of a given theme, diverging from it by melodic ornamentation and by changes in harmony, rhythm, or key.
- One of a series of forms based on a single theme.
- A solo dance, especially one forming part of a larger work.