Scrabble word: VARIANCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VARIANCE exist?
Definitions of VARIANCE in dictionaries:
- noun - an event that departs from expectations
- noun - discord that splits a group
- noun - the second moment around the mean
- noun - a difference between conflicting facts or claims or opinions
- noun - the quality of being subject to variation
- noun - an official dispensation to act contrary to a rule or regulation (typically a building regulation)
- noun - an activity that varies from a norm or standard
- The act of varying.
- The state or quality of being variant or variable; a variation.
- A difference between what is expected and what actually occurs.
- The state or fact of differing or of being in conflict.
- A discrepancy between two statements or documents in a proceeding.
- License to engage in an act contrary to a usual rule: a zoning variance.
- The square of the standard deviation.
- The number of thermodynamic variables, such as temperature and pressure, required to specify a state of equilibrium of a system, given by the phase rule.
- noun - a license to perform an act contrary to the usual rule