Scrabble word: VALVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VALVE exist?
Definitions of VALVE in dictionaries:
- noun - a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- noun - device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- noun - control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- noun - the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- noun - one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
- A membranous structure in a hollow organ or passage, as in an artery or a vein, that folds or closes to prevent the return flow of the body fluid passing through it.
- Any of various devices that regulate the flow of gases, liquids, or loose materials through piping or through apertures by opening, closing, or obstructing ports or passageways.
- The movable control element of such a device.
- A device in a brass wind instrument that permits change in pitch by a rapid varying of the air column in a tube.
- One of the paired, hinged shells of certain mollusks and of brachiopods.
- One of the two silicified halves of the cell wall of a diatom.
- The entire, one-piece shell of a snail and certain other mollusks.
- One of the sections into which the wall of a seedpod or other dehiscent fruit splits.
- A lidlike covering of an anther.
- An electron tube or a vacuum tube.
- To provide with a valve.
- To control by means of a valve.
- verb - to provide with a valve (a device for controlling the flow of a liquid or gas)
There are 5 letters in VALVE: A E L V V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to VALVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word VALVE plus a wildcard: VALVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word VALVE
Images for VALVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.