Scrabble word: VALVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VALVE exist?
Definitions of VALVE in dictionaries:
- noun - a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
- noun - device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone
- noun - control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
- noun - the entire one-piece shell of a snail and certain other molluscs
- noun - one of the paired hinged shells of certain molluscs and of brachiopods
- A membranous structure in a hollow organ or passage, as in an artery or a vein, that folds or closes to prevent the return flow of the body fluid passing through it.
- Any of various devices that regulate the flow of gases, liquids, or loose materials through piping or through apertures by opening, closing, or obstructing ports or passageways.
- The movable control element of such a device.
- A device in a brass wind instrument that permits change in pitch by a rapid varying of the air column in a tube.
- One of the paired, hinged shells of certain mollusks and of brachiopods.
- One of the two silicified halves of the cell wall of a diatom.
- The entire, one-piece shell of a snail and certain other mollusks.
- One of the sections into which the wall of a seedpod or other dehiscent fruit splits.
- A lidlike covering of an anther.
- An electron tube or a vacuum tube.
- To provide with a valve.
- To control by means of a valve.
- verb - to provide with a valve (a device for controlling the flow of a liquid or gas)