Scrabble word: UNDERTOW
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNDERTOW exist?
Definitions of UNDERTOW in dictionaries:
- noun - an inclination contrary to the strongest or prevailing feeling
- noun - the seaward undercurrent created after waves have broken on the shore
- The seaward pull of receding waves after they break on a shore.
- A tendency, especially in thought or feeling, contrary to what seems the strongest: “As she talks nostalgically of her days of glory... a poignant undertow emerges” (Tina Brown).
- noun - the seaward pull of receding waves breaking on a shore