Scrabble word: UNDERCUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNDERCUT exist?
Definitions of UNDERCUT in dictionaries:
- noun - the material removed by a cut made underneath
- noun - the tender meat of the loin muscle on each side of the vertebral column
- noun - a notch cut in the trunk of tree in order to determine the direction of its fall
- noun - (sports) a stroke that puts reverse spin on the ball
- noun - a cut made underneath to remove material
- verb - sell cheaper than one's competition
- verb - cut away material from the underside of (an object) so as to leave an overhanging portion in relief
- verb - cut away the underpart of
- verb - strike (the ball) in golf, tennis, or hockey obliquely downward so as to give a backspin or elevation to the shot
- verb - cut obliquely into (a tree) below the main cut and on the side toward which the tree will fall
- To diminish or destroy the province or effectiveness of; undermine: “This celebration of opulence and wealth and power undercuts the character of the Statue of Liberty” (Jesse Jackson).
- To sell at a lower price than or to work for lower wages or fees than (a competitor).
- To make a cut under or below.
- To create an overhang by cutting material away from, as in carving.
- To impart backspin to (a ball) by striking downward as well as forward, as in golf and baseball.
- To engage in undercutting.
- A cut made in the under part to remove material.
- The material so removed.
- A notch cut in a tree to direct its fall and insure a clean break.
- The tenderloin of beef; the fillet.
- A spin given to a ball opposite to its direction of flight; a backspin.
- A cut or slice imparting such a spin.
- A cut or slice made with an underarm motion.
- verb - to cut under