Scrabble word: UNCTUOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNCTUOUS exist?
Definitions of UNCTUOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
- Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness: “the unctuous, complacent court composer who is consumed with envy and self-loathing” (Rhoda Koenig).
- Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment; slippery.
- Containing or composed of oil or fat.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “insincerely, self-servingly, or smugly agreeable or earnest”: an ambitious and unctuous assistant; gave the dictator a fulsome introduction; oily praise; oleaginous hypocrisy; smarmy self-importance.
- adv - containing or resembling grease [adj GREASIER, GREASIEST] : GREASILY
There are 8 letters in UNCTUOUS: C N O S T U U U
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word UNCTUOUS plus a wildcard: UNCTUOUS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word UNCTUOUS
8 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for UNCTUOUS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.