Scrabble word: UNCTUOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does UNCTUOUS exist?
Definitions of UNCTUOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
- Characterized by affected, exaggerated, or insincere earnestness: “the unctuous, complacent court composer who is consumed with envy and self-loathing” (Rhoda Koenig).
- Having the quality or characteristics of oil or ointment; slippery.
- Containing or composed of oil or fat.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “insincerely, self-servingly, or smugly agreeable or earnest”: an ambitious and unctuous assistant; gave the dictator a fulsome introduction; oily praise; oleaginous hypocrisy; smarmy self-importance.
- adv - containing or resembling grease [adj GREASIER, GREASIEST] : GREASILY