Scrabble word: TRAGEDY
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRAGEDY exist?
Definitions of TRAGEDY in dictionaries:
- noun - an event resulting in great loss and misfortune
- noun - drama in which the protagonist is overcome by some superior force or circumstance
- A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, a moral weakness, or an inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances.
- The genre made up of such works.
- The art or theory of writing or producing these works.
- A play, film, television program, or other narrative work that portrays or depicts calamitous events and has an unhappy but meaningful ending.
- A disastrous event, especially one involving distressing loss or injury to life: an expedition that ended in tragedy, with all hands lost at sea.
- A tragic aspect or element.
- noun - a disastrous event