Scrabble word: TICKET
In which Scrabble dictionary does TICKET exist?
Definitions of TICKET in dictionaries:
- noun - a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
- noun - a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- noun - a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
- noun - a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- noun - the appropriate or desirable thing
- verb - issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty
- verb - provide with a ticket for passage or admission
- A certifying document, especially a captain’s or pilot’s license.
- An identifying or descriptive tag attached to merchandise; a label.
- A list of candidates proposed or endorsed by a political party; a slate.
- A legal summons, especially for a traffic violation.
- The proper or desirable thing: A change of scene would be just the ticket for us.
- A means to an end: “He went to Washington... to become press secretary... it was his ticket out of the Delta” (Nicholas Lamann).
- To provide with a ticket for passage or admission: ticket all passengers through to Amsterdam.
- To attach a ticket to; tag.
- To designate for a specified use or end; destine: funds that have been ticketed for research.
- The earliest uses of the word in English were in the senses “a short written notice,” “a notice posted in a public place,” and “a written certification.
- verb - to attach a tag to