Scrabble word: THROWAWAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does THROWAWAY exist?
Definitions of THROWAWAY in dictionaries:
- noun - (sometimes offensive) a homeless boy who has been abandoned and roams the streets
- noun - an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution
- noun - words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
- adj - thrown away
- adj - intended to be thrown away after use
- Something designed or likely to be discarded after use, as a free handbill distributed on the street.
- A child or teenager who has been rejected, ejected, or abandoned by parents or guardians and lives on the streets.
- Designed or intended to be discarded after use: throwaway packaging.
- Readily discarding things: a throwaway society.
- Having been rejected, ejected, or abandoned by parents or guardians: throwaway children living on the streets.
- Written or delivered in a low-key or offhand manner: “a sentence fragment or quirky throwaway metaphor” (Joyce Carol Oates).