Scrabble word: TERRITORY
In which Scrabble dictionary does TERRITORY exist?
Definitions of TERRITORY in dictionaries:
- noun - a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- noun - an area of knowledge or interest
- noun - the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state
- An area of land; a region.
- The land and waters under the jurisdiction of a government.
- A political subdivision of a country.
- A geographic region, such as a colonial possession, that is dependent on an external government: the territories of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Often Territory.
- A subdivision of the United States that is not a state and is administered by an appointed or elected governor and elected legislature.
- A similarly organized political subdivision of Canada or Australia.
- An area for which a person is responsible as a representative or an agent: a salesperson’s territory.
- The area of a field defended by a specified team: punted the ball deep into the opponent’s territory.
- A sphere of action or interest; a province.