Scrabble word: TEMPERED
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEMPERED exist?
Definitions of TEMPERED in dictionaries:
- verb - bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling
- verb - harden by reheating and cooling in oil
- verb - adjust the pitch (of pianos)
- verb - make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else
- verb - restrain
- adj - made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment
- adj - adjusted or attuned by adding a counterbalancing element
- Having a specified temper or disposition.
- Adjusted or attuned by the addition of a counterbalancing element; moderated or measured: “prepare the country to expect hard choices and to appreciate tempered values and moderation in private and public life” (Haynes Johnson).
- Made appropriately hard or flexible by tempering: a sword of tempered steel.
- Having the requisite degree of hardness or elasticity.
- Tuned to temperament.
- verb - to moderate by adding a counterbalancing agent
There are 8 letters in TEMPERED: D E E E M P R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TEMPERED
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TEMPERED plus a wildcard: TEMPERED?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TEMPERED
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for TEMPERED
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.