Scrabble word: TEMPERED
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEMPERED exist?
Definitions of TEMPERED in dictionaries:
- verb - bring to a desired consistency, texture, or hardness by a process of gradually heating and cooling
- verb - harden by reheating and cooling in oil
- verb - adjust the pitch (of pianos)
- verb - make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else
- verb - restrain
- adj - made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment
- adj - adjusted or attuned by adding a counterbalancing element
- Having a specified temper or disposition.
- Adjusted or attuned by the addition of a counterbalancing element; moderated or measured: “prepare the country to expect hard choices and to appreciate tempered values and moderation in private and public life” (Haynes Johnson).
- Made appropriately hard or flexible by tempering: a sword of tempered steel.
- Having the requisite degree of hardness or elasticity.
- Tuned to temperament.
- verb - to moderate by adding a counterbalancing agent