Scrabble word: SURVEY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SURVEY exist?
Definitions of SURVEY in dictionaries:
- noun - a detailed critical inspection
- noun - short descriptive summary (of events)
- noun - the act of looking or seeing or observing
- verb - consider in a comprehensive way
- verb - look over carefully or inspect
- verb - keep under surveillance
- verb - hold a review (of troops)
- verb - make a survey of
- verb - plot a map of (land)
- To examine or look at in a comprehensive way.
- To inspect carefully; scrutinize: “Two women were surveying the other people on the platform” (Thomas Wolfe).
- To determine the boundaries, area, or elevations of (land or structures on the earth’s surface) by means of measuring angles and distances, using the techniques of geometry and trigonometry.
- To inspect and determine the structural condition of (a building).
- To conduct a statistical survey on.
- To range one’s gaze leisurely over.
- A detailed inspection or investigation.
- A general or comprehensive view.
- The process of surveying.
- A report on or map of what has been surveyed.
- verb - to determine the boundaries, area, or elevations of by measuring angles and distances