Scrabble word: SURROUND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SURROUND exist?
Definitions of SURROUND in dictionaries:
- noun - the area in which something exists or lives
- verb - extend on all sides of simultaneously
- verb - envelop completely
- verb - surround so as to force to give up
- verb - surround with a wall in order to fortify
- To extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle.
- To enclose or confine on all sides so as to bar escape or outside communication.
- Something, such as fencing or a border, that surrounds: a fireplace surround.
- The area around a thing or place: inflammation extending to the surround of the eye.
- Surroundings; environment: “It was the country, the flat agricultural surround, that so ravished me” (Listener).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to lie around and bound on all sides”: a city surrounded by suburbs; a crown circling a king’s head; a mountain peak compassed by fog; a belt encircling her waist; a lake that encompasses an island; oases environed by the desert; a castle girded by a moat; gardens girdling a bird bath; a dinner table ringed with guests.
- verb - to extend completely around