Scrabble word: SURROUND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SURROUND exist?
Definitions of SURROUND in dictionaries:
- noun - the area in which something exists or lives
- verb - extend on all sides of simultaneously
- verb - envelop completely
- verb - surround so as to force to give up
- verb - surround with a wall in order to fortify
- To extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle.
- To enclose or confine on all sides so as to bar escape or outside communication.
- Something, such as fencing or a border, that surrounds: a fireplace surround.
- The area around a thing or place: inflammation extending to the surround of the eye.
- Surroundings; environment: “It was the country, the flat agricultural surround, that so ravished me” (Listener).
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to lie around and bound on all sides”: a city surrounded by suburbs; a crown circling a king’s head; a mountain peak compassed by fog; a belt encircling her waist; a lake that encompasses an island; oases environed by the desert; a castle girded by a moat; gardens girdling a bird bath; a dinner table ringed with guests.
- verb - to extend completely around
There are 8 letters in SURROUND: D N O R R S U U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SURROUND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SURROUND plus a wildcard: SURROUND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SURROUND
8 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for SURROUND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.