Scrabble word: STIFLING
In which Scrabble dictionary does STIFLING exist?
Definitions of STIFLING in dictionaries:
- noun - forceful prevention
- verb - conceal or hide
- verb - smother or suppress
- verb - impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- verb - be asphyxiated
- adj - characterized by oppressive heat and humidity
- Very hot or stuffy almost to the point of being suffocating.
- Being of such a character or nature as to engender a feeling of stultification, repression, or suffocation: “The scholarly correctness of our age can be stifling” (Annalyn Swan).
- verb - to prevent from breathing