Scrabble word: SPONSOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPONSOR exist?
Definitions of SPONSOR in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who supports or champions something
- noun - an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.)
- verb - assume sponsorship of
- verb - assume responsibility for or leadership of
- verb - do one's shopping at
- One who assumes responsibility for another person or a group during a period of instruction, apprenticeship, or probation.
- One who vouches for the suitability of a candidate for admission.
- A legislator who proposes and urges adoption of a bill.
- One who presents a candidate for baptism or confirmation; a godparent.
- One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming in return for advertising time.
- verb - to make oneself responsible for