Scrabble word: SOUNDING
In which Scrabble dictionary does SOUNDING exist?
Definitions of SOUNDING in dictionaries:
- noun - a measure of the depth of water taken with a sounding line
- noun - the act of measuring depth of water (usually with a sounding line)
- verb - appear in a certain way
- verb - make a certain noise or sound
- verb - give off a certain sound or sounds
- verb - announce by means of a sound
- verb - utter with vibrating vocal chords
- verb - cause to sound
- verb - measure the depth of (a body of water) with a sounding line
- adj - appearing to be as specified
- adj - having volume or deepness
- adj - making or having a sound as specified
- The act of one that sounds.
- A probe of the environment for scientific observation.
- A measured depth of water.
- Emitting a full sound; resonant.
- Noisy but with little significance.
- noun - a sampling or test of opinions