Scrabble word: SETTLEMENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does SETTLEMENT exist?
Definitions of SETTLEMENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland
- noun - a community of people smaller than a town
- noun - a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it
- noun - the act of colonizing
- noun - something settled or resolved
- noun - an area where a group of families live together
- noun - termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities
- The act or process of settling.
- Establishment, as of a person in a business or of people in a new region.
- A newly colonized region.
- A small community.
- An arrangement, adjustment, or other understanding reached, as in financial or business proceedings: a divorce settlement.
- Transfer of property to provide for the future needs of a person.
- Property thus transferred.
- A center providing community services in an underprivileged area.