Scrabble word: SATISFY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SATISFY exist?
Definitions of SATISFY in dictionaries:
- verb - meet the requirements or expectations of
- verb - make happy or satisfied
- verb - fill or meet a want or need
- To gratify the need, desire, or expectation of.
- To fulfill (a need or desire).
- To free from doubt or question; assure.
- To get rid of (a doubt or question); dispel.
- To discharge (a debt or an obligation, for example) in full.
- To discharge an obligation to (a creditor).
- To conform to the requirements of (a standard or rule); be sufficient to (an end).
- To make reparation for; redress.
- To make the left and right sides of an equation equal after substituting equivalent quantities for the unknown variables in the equation.
- To be sufficient or adequate.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to supply fully or completely”: satisfied all requirements; answered our needs; filling a purpose; fulfilled their aspirations; meeting her obligations.
- verb - to provide fully with what is desired, expected, or needed