Scrabble word: SANCTUARY
In which Scrabble dictionary does SANCTUARY exist?
Definitions of SANCTUARY in dictionaries:
- noun - a consecrated place where sacred objects are kept
- noun - a shelter from danger or hardship
- noun - area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir
- A sacred place, such as a church, temple, or mosque.
- The holiest part of a sacred place, as the part of a Christian church around the altar.
- A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.
- Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
- A place of refuge or asylum.
- A reserved area in which birds and other animals, especially wild animals, are protected from hunting or molestation.