Scrabble word: RECOGNIZE
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECOGNIZE exist?
Definitions of RECOGNIZE in dictionaries:
- verb - accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority
- verb - be fully aware or cognizant of
- verb - detect with the senses
- verb - perceive to be the same
- verb - grant credentials to
- verb - express greetings upon meeting someone
- verb - express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for
- verb - exhibit recognition for (an antigen or a substrate)
- verb - show approval or appreciation of
- To know to be something that has been perceived before: recognize a face.
- To know or identify from past experience or knowledge: recognize hostility.
- To perceive or show acceptance of the validity or reality of: recognizes the concerns of the tenants.
- To permit to address a meeting: The club’s president recognized the new member.
- To accept officially the national status of as a new government.
- To show awareness of; approve of or appreciate: recognize services rendered.
- To admit the acquaintance of, as by salutation: recognize an old friend with a cheerful greeting.
- To enter into a recognizance.
- verb - to become aware of in one's mind