Scrabble word: RADIATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does RADIATION exist?
Definitions of RADIATION in dictionaries:
- noun - energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
- noun - the act of spreading outward from a central source
- noun - syndrome resulting from exposure to ionizing radiation (e.g., exposure to radioactive chemicals or to nuclear explosions)
- noun - the spontaneous emission of a stream of particles or electromagnetic rays in nuclear decay
- noun - the spread of a group of organisms into new habitats
- noun - a radial arrangement of nerve fibers connecting different parts of the brain
- noun - (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to a radioactive substance
- The act or process of radiating: the radiation of heat and light from a burning body.
- Emission and propagation of energy in the form of rays or waves.
- Energy radiated or transmitted in the form of rays, waves, or particles.
- A stream of particles or electromagnetic waves emitted by the atoms and molecules of a radioactive substance as a result of nuclear decay.
- Radial arrangement of parts, as of a group of nerve fibers connecting different areas of the brain.
- The spread of a group of organisms into new habitats.
- Adaptive radiation.