Scrabble word: QUARTER
Is QUARTER valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of QUARTER in dictionaries:
- noun - one of four equal parts
- noun - a district of a city having some distinguishing character
- noun - (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided
- noun - a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
- noun - one of four periods into which the school year is divided
- noun - a fourth part of a year
- noun - one of the four major division of the compass
- noun - a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- noun - a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- noun - a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar
- noun - an unspecified person
- noun - the rear part of a ship
- noun - piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- noun - clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent
- verb - provide housing for (military personnel)
- verb - pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him
- verb - divide into quarters
- verb - divide by four
- One of four equal parts.
- A coin equal to one fourth of the dollar of the United States and Canada.
- One fourth of an hour; 15 minutes.
- One fourth of a year; three months: Sales were up in the second quarter.
- An academic term lasting approximately three months.
- One fourth of the period of the moon’s revolution around Earth.
- One of the four phases of the moon: the first quarter; the third quarter.
- One of four equal periods of playing time into which some games, such as football and basketball, are divided.
- One fourth of a yard; nine inches.
- One fourth of a mile; two furlongs.
- One fourth of a pound; four ounces.
- One fourth of a ton; 500 pounds.
- A measure of grain equal to approximately eight bushels.
- One fourth of a hundredweight; 25 pounds.
- One fourth of a British hundredweight; 28 pounds.
- One of the four major divisions of the compass.
- One fourth of the distance between any two of the 32 divisions of the compass.
- One of the four major divisions of the horizon as determined by the four major points of the compass.
- A region or an area of the earth thought of as falling into such a specific division of the compass.
- The general direction on either side of a ship located 45 off the stern.
- The upper portion of the after side of a ship, usually between the aftermost mast and the stern.
- The part of a yard between the slings and the yardarm.
- Any of four equal divisions of a shield.
- One leg of an animal’s carcass, usually including the adjoining parts.
- Either side of a horse’s hoof.
- The part of the side of a shoe between the heel and the vamp.
- Often quarters.
- Often Quarter.
- Often quarters.
- Mercy or clemency, especially when displayed or given to an enemy.
- Being one of four equal or equivalent parts.
- Being one fourth of a standard or usual value.
- To divide into four equal or equivalent parts.
- To quartersaw.
- To divide or separate into a number of parts.
- To dismember (a human body) into four parts.
- To divide (a shield) into four equal areas with vertical and horizontal lines.
- To mark or place (holes, for example) a fourth of a circle apart.
- To locate and adjust (one machine part) at right angles to its connecting part within the machine.
- To furnish with housing: quartered the troops in an old factory building.
- To traverse (an area of ground) laterally back and forth while slowly advancing forward.
- To take up or be assigned lodgings.
- When referring to the time of day, the article a is optional in phrases such as (a) quarter to (or of, before, or till) nine; (a) quarter after (or past) ten.
- verb - to divide into four equal parts
There are 7 letters in QUARTER: A E Q R R T U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to QUARTER
Click to search all anagrams of QUARTER plus a wildcard: QUARTER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word QUARTER
Images for QUARTER
Lookup in Wiki for QUARTER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.