Scrabble word: QUADRANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does QUADRANT exist?
Definitions of QUADRANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a quarter of the circumference of a circle
- noun - any of the four areas into which a plane is divided by two orthogonal coordinate axes
- noun - the area enclosed by two perpendicular radii of a circle
- noun - a measuring instrument for measuring altitude of heavenly bodies
- A circular arc of 90; one fourth of the circumference of a circle.
- The plane area bounded by such an arc and two perpendicular radii.
- Any of the four areas into which a plane is divided by the reference axes in a Cartesian coordinate system, designated first, second, third, and fourth, counting counterclockwise from the area in which both coordinates are positive.
- A machine part or other mechanical device that is shaped like a quarter circle.
- An early instrument for measuring altitude of celestial bodies, consisting of a 90 graduated arc with a movable radius for measuring angles.
- noun - a quarter section of a circle