Scrabble word: PYRAMID
In which Scrabble dictionary does PYRAMID exist?
Definitions of PYRAMID in dictionaries:
- noun - a polyhedron having a polygonal base and triangular sides with a common vertex
- noun - (stock market) a series of transactions in which the speculator increases his holdings by using the rising market value of those holdings as margin for further purchases
- noun - a massive monument with a square base and four triangular sides
- verb - enlarge one's holdings on an exchange on a continued rise by using paper profits as margin to buy additional amounts
- verb - use or deal in (as of stock or commercial transaction) in a pyramid deal
- verb - arrange or build up as if on the base of a pyramid
- verb - increase rapidly and progressively step by step on a broad base
- A solid figure with a polygonal base and triangular faces that meet at a common point.
- Something shaped like this polyhedron.
- A massive monument of ancient Egypt having a rectangular base and four triangular faces culminating in a single apex, built over or around a crypt or tomb.
- Any of various similar constructions, especially a four-sided Mayan temple having stepped sides and a flat top surmounted by ceremonial chambers.
- The transactions involved in pyramiding stock.
- A structure or part suggestive of a pyramid in shape.
- To place or build in the shape of a pyramid.
- To build (an argument or a thesis, for example) progressively from a basic general premise.
- To speculate in (stock) by making a series of buying and selling transactions in which paper profits are used as margin for buying more stock.
- To assume the shape of a pyramid.
- To increase rapidly and on a widening base.
- To pyramid stocks.
- verb - to raise or increase by adding amounts gradually