Scrabble word: PURPORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PURPORT exist?
Definitions of PURPORT in dictionaries:
- noun - the intended meaning of a communication
- noun - the pervading meaning or tenor
- verb - have the often specious appearance of being, intending, or claiming
- verb - propose or intend
- To have or present the often false appearance of being or intending; profess: selfish behavior that purports to be altruistic.
- To have the intention of doing; purpose.
- Meaning presented, intended, or implied; import.
- Intention; purpose.
- verb - to profess or claim