Scrabble word: PROPORTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROPORTION exist?
Definitions of PROPORTION in dictionaries:
- noun - the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- noun - magnitude or extent
- noun - balance among the parts of something
- noun - the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree
- noun - harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- verb - give pleasant proportions to
- verb - adjust in size relative to other things
- A part considered in relation to the whole.
- A relationship between things or parts of things with respect to comparative magnitude, quantity, or degree: the proper proportion between oil and vinegar in the dressing.
- A relationship between quantities such that if one varies then another varies in a manner dependent on the first: “We do not always find visible happiness in proportion to visible virtue” (Samuel Johnson).
- Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry.
- Often proportions.
- A statement of equality between two ratios.
- To adjust so that proper relations between parts are attained.
- These nouns are compared as they mean aesthetic arrangement, as in a design, marked by proper distribution of elements.