Scrabble word: PROPORTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROPORTION exist?
Definitions of PROPORTION in dictionaries:
- noun - the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
- noun - magnitude or extent
- noun - balance among the parts of something
- noun - the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree
- noun - harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design)
- verb - give pleasant proportions to
- verb - adjust in size relative to other things
- A part considered in relation to the whole.
- A relationship between things or parts of things with respect to comparative magnitude, quantity, or degree: the proper proportion between oil and vinegar in the dressing.
- A relationship between quantities such that if one varies then another varies in a manner dependent on the first: “We do not always find visible happiness in proportion to visible virtue” (Samuel Johnson).
- Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry.
- Often proportions.
- A statement of equality between two ratios.
- To adjust so that proper relations between parts are attained.
- These nouns are compared as they mean aesthetic arrangement, as in a design, marked by proper distribution of elements.
There are 10 letters in PROPORTION: I N O O O P P R R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PROPORTION
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PROPORTION plus a wildcard: PROPORTION?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PROPORTION
10 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PROPORTION
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.