Scrabble word: PROFANE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROFANE exist?
Definitions of PROFANE in dictionaries:
- verb - corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
- verb - violate the sacred character of a place or language
- adj - characterized by profanity or cursing
- adj - not concerned with or devoted to religion
- adj - not holy because unconsecrated or impure or defiled
- adj - grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred
- Marked by contempt or irreverence for what is sacred: profane words.
- Nonreligious in subject matter, form, or use; secular: sacred and profane music.
- Not admitted into a body of secret knowledge or ritual; uninitiated.
- Vulgar; coarse.
- To treat with irreverence: profane the name of God.
- These adjectives mean showing or marked by irreverence or contempt for what is sacred.
- verb - to treat with irreverence or abuse