Scrabble word: PRINCIPAL
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRINCIPAL exist?
Definitions of PRINCIPAL in dictionaries:
- noun - the original amount of a debt on which interest is calculated
- noun - the educator who has executive authority for a school
- noun - an actor who plays a principal role
- noun - capital as contrasted with the income derived from it
- noun - (criminal law) any person involved in a criminal offense, regardless of whether the person profits from such involvement
- noun - the major party to a financial transaction at a stock exchange
- adj - most important element
- First, highest, or foremost in importance, rank, worth, or degree; chief.
- Of, relating to, or being financial principal, or a principal in a financial transaction.
- One who holds a position of presiding rank, especially the head of an elementary school or high school.
- A main participant in a situation.
- A person having a leading or starring role.
- The capital or main body of an estate or a financial holding as distinguished from the interest or revenue from it.
- A sum of money owed as a debt, upon which interest is calculated.
- A person who empowers another to act as his or her representative.
- The person having prime responsibility for an obligation as distinguished from one who acts as surety or as an endorser.
- One who commits or is an accomplice to a crime.
- As an adjective it has the sense of “chief” or “leading.