Scrabble word: PRECIPITATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRECIPITATE exist?
Definitions of PRECIPITATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a precipitated solid substance in suspension or after settling or filtering
- verb - bring about abruptly
- verb - separate as a fine suspension of solid particles
- verb - fall from clouds
- verb - fall vertically, sharply, or headlong
- verb - hurl or throw violently
- adj - done with very great haste and without due deliberation
- To throw from or as if from a great height; hurl downward: “The finest bridge in all Peru broke and precipitated five travelers into the gulf below” (Thornton Wilder).
- To cause to happen, especially suddenly or prematurely.
- To cause (water vapor) to condense and fall from the air as rain, snow, sleet, or hail.
- To cause (a solid substance) to be separated from a solution.
- To be separated from a solution as a solid.
- To fall or be thrown headlong: An already ailing economy precipitated into ruin despite foreign intervention.
- Moving rapidly and heedlessly; speeding headlong.
- Acting with or marked by excessive haste and lack of due deliberation.
- Occurring suddenly or unexpectedly.
- A solid or solid phase separated from a solution.
- The adjective precipitate and the adverb precipitately were once applied to physical steepness but are now used primarily of rash, headlong actions: They made a precipitate decision.
There are 11 letters in PRECIPITATE: A C E E I I P P R T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PRECIPITATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PRECIPITATE plus a wildcard: PRECIPITATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PRECIPITATE
11 letter words
9 letter words
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words