Scrabble word: PLEDGE
Is PLEDGE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of PLEDGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a deposit of personal property as security for a debt
- noun - someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group
- noun - a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event
- noun - a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something
- verb - promise solemnly and formally
- verb - pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals
- verb - propose a toast to
- verb - give as a guarantee
- verb - bind or secure by a pledge
- A solemn binding promise to do, give, or refrain from doing something: signed a pledge never to reveal the secret; a pledge of money to a charity.
- Something given or held as security to guarantee payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation.
- The condition of something thus given or held: put an article in pledge.
- Delivery of goods or personal property as security for a debt or an obligation: a loan that required a pledge of property.
- The contract by which such delivery is made.
- A token or sign: “fair pledges of a fruitful tree” (Robert Herrick).
- A person who has been accepted for membership in a fraternity or similar organization and has promised to join but has not yet been initiated.
- The act of drinking in honor of someone; a toast.
- A vow to abstain from alcoholic liquor: ex-drinkers who have taken the pledge.
- See Synonyms at promise.
- To bind or secure by or as if by a pledge: pledged themselves to the cause.
- To deposit as security; pawn.
- To promise to join (a fraternity or similar organization).
- To accept as a prospective member of such an organization.
- To drink a toast to.
- To make a solemn binding promise; swear.
- To drink a toast.
- verb - to give as security for something borrowed
There are 6 letters in PLEDGE: D E E G L P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PLEDGE
Click to search all anagrams of PLEDGE plus a wildcard: PLEDGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PLEDGE
Images for PLEDGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.