Scrabble word: PLAGUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLAGUE exist?
Definitions of PLAGUE in dictionaries:
- noun - a serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal
- noun - any epidemic disease with a high death rate
- noun - a swarm of insects that attack plants
- noun - any large scale calamity (especially when thought to be sent by God)
- noun - an annoyance
- verb - cause to suffer a blight
- verb - annoy continually or chronically
- A widespread affliction or calamity, especially one seen as divine retribution.
- A sudden destructive influx or injurious outbreak: a plague of locusts; a plague of accidents.
- A cause of annoyance; a nuisance: “the plague of social jabbering” (George Santayana).
- A highly infectious, usually fatal, epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.
- To pester or annoy persistently or incessantly.
- To afflict with or as if with a disease or calamity: “Runaway inflation further plagued the wage- or salary-earner” (Edwin O.
- verb - to harass or torment