Scrabble word: PICKET
In which Scrabble dictionary does PICKET exist?
Definitions of PICKET in dictionaries:
- noun - a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- noun - a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- noun - a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work
- noun - a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- noun - a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- noun - a form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
- verb - serve as pickets or post pickets
- verb - fasten with a picket
- A pointed stake often driven into the ground to support a fence, secure a tent, tether animals, mark points in surveying, or, when pointed at the top, serve as a defense.
- A detachment of one or more troops, ships, or aircraft held in readiness or advanced to warn of an enemy’s approach: “The outlying sonar picket.... was to detect, localize, and engage any submarine trying to close the convoy” (Tom Clancy).
- A person or group of persons stationed outside a place of employment, usually during a strike, to express grievance or protest and discourage entry by nonstriking employees or customers.
- A person or group of persons present outside a building to protest.
- To enclose, secure, tether, mark out, or fortify with pickets.
- To post as a picket.
- To guard with a picket.
- To act or serve as a picket.
- verb - to stand outside of some location, as a business, to publicize one's grievances against it
There are 6 letters in PICKET: C E I K P T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PICKET
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PICKET plus a wildcard: PICKET?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PICKET
Images for PICKET
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.