Scrabble word: PICKET
In which Scrabble dictionary does PICKET exist?
Definitions of PICKET in dictionaries:
- noun - a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- noun - a detachment of troops guarding an army from surprise attack
- noun - a protester posted by a labor organization outside a place of work
- noun - a vehicle performing sentinel duty
- noun - a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- noun - a form of military punishment used by the British in the late 17th century in which a soldier was forced to stand on one foot on a pointed stake
- verb - serve as pickets or post pickets
- verb - fasten with a picket
- A pointed stake often driven into the ground to support a fence, secure a tent, tether animals, mark points in surveying, or, when pointed at the top, serve as a defense.
- A detachment of one or more troops, ships, or aircraft held in readiness or advanced to warn of an enemy’s approach: “The outlying sonar picket.... was to detect, localize, and engage any submarine trying to close the convoy” (Tom Clancy).
- A person or group of persons stationed outside a place of employment, usually during a strike, to express grievance or protest and discourage entry by nonstriking employees or customers.
- A person or group of persons present outside a building to protest.
- To enclose, secure, tether, mark out, or fortify with pickets.
- To post as a picket.
- To guard with a picket.
- To act or serve as a picket.
- verb - to stand outside of some location, as a business, to publicize one's grievances against it