Scrabble word: PENUMBRA
In which Scrabble dictionary does PENUMBRA exist?
Definitions of PENUMBRA in dictionaries:
- noun - a fringe region of partial shadow around an umbra
- A partial shadow, as in an eclipse, between regions of complete shadow and complete illumination.
- The grayish outer part of a sunspot.
- An area in which something exists to a lesser or an uncertain degree: “The First Amendment has a penumbra where privacy is protected from governmental intrusion” (Joseph A.
- An outlying, surrounding region; a periphery: “Downtown Chicago and its penumbra also stand rejuvenated” (John McCormick).
- noun - a partial shadow