Scrabble word: PENITENTIARY
Is PENITENTIARY valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of PENITENTIARY in dictionaries:
- noun - a correctional institution for those convicted of major crimes
- adj - used for punishment or reform of criminals or wrongdoers
- adj - showing or constituting penance
- A prison for those convicted of major crimes.
- Roman Catholic Church.
- A tribunal of the Roman Curia having jurisdiction in matters relating to penance, dispensations, and papal absolutions.
- A priest whose special function is the administration of the sacrament of penance in a particular church or diocese.
- Of or for the purpose of penance; penitential.
- Relating to or used for punishment or reform of criminals or wrongdoers.
- Resulting in or punishable by imprisonment in a penitentiary: a penitentiary offense.
There are 12 letters in PENITENTIARY: A E E I I N N P R T T Y
Click to search all anagrams of PENITENTIARY plus a wildcard: PENITENTIARY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PENITENTIARY
12 letter words
10 letter words
9 letter words
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PENITENTIARY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.