Scrabble word: PAYBACK
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAYBACK exist?
Definitions of PAYBACK in dictionaries:
- noun - financial return or reward (especially returns equal to the initial investment)
- noun - the act of taking revenge (harming someone in retaliation for something harmful that they have done) especially in the next life
- The return gained from or paid on an investment: “One problem with space ventures is that the up-front costs are enormous and the paybacks uncertain and far off at best” (Eric Gelman).
- The return on an investment equal to the amount invested: expect a payback within six years.
- A benefit gained as the result of a previous action.
- The act or process of paying back.
- noun - a return on an investment equal to the original capital outlay