Scrabble word: PAPYRUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAPYRUS exist?
Definitions of PAPYRUS in dictionaries:
- noun - paper made from the papyrus plant by cutting it in strips and pressing it flat
- noun - tall sedge of the Nile valley yielding fiber that served many purposes in historic times
- noun - a document written on papyrus
- A tall, aquatic, Mediterranean sedge (Cyperus papyrus) having numerous drooping rays grouped in umbels.
- A material on which to write made from the pith or the stems of this sedge, used especially by the ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans.
- A document written on this material.
- adj - a tall aquatic plant [n -RUSES or -RI] : PAPYRAL, PAPYRIAN, PAPYRINE