Scrabble word: OFFENSIVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OFFENSIVE exist?
Definitions of OFFENSIVE in dictionaries:
- noun - the action of attacking an enemy
- adj - violating or tending to violate or offend against
- adj - for the purpose of attack rather than defense
- adj - causing anger or annoyance
- adj - morally offensive
- adj - unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses
- adj - substitute a harsher or distasteful term for a mild one
- adj - causing or able to cause nausea
- Disagreeable to the senses: an offensive odor.
- Causing anger, displeasure, resentment, or affront: an offensive gesture.
- Making an attack: The offensive troops gained ground quickly.
- Of, relating to, or designed for attack: offensive weapons.
- Of or relating to a team having possession of a ball or puck: the offensive line.
- An attitude or a position of attack: a peace offensive.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “extremely unpleasant to the senses or feelings”: an offensive remark; disgusting language; a loathsome disease; a nasty smell; a repellent demand; repulsive behavior; revolting food; vile thoughts.