Scrabble word: OBLIQUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OBLIQUE exist?
Definitions of OBLIQUE in dictionaries:
- noun - any grammatical case other than the nominative
- noun - a diagonally arranged abdominal muscle on either side of the torso
- adj - slanting or inclined in direction or course or position--neither parallel nor perpendicular nor right-angled
- adj - indirect in departing from the accepted or proper way
- Having a slanting or sloping direction, course, or position; inclined.
- Designating geometric lines or planes that are neither parallel nor perpendicular.
- Having sides of unequal length or form: an oblique leaf.
- Situated in a slanting position; not transverse or longitudinal: oblique muscles or ligaments.
- Indirect or evasive: oblique political maneuvers.
- Devious, misleading, or dishonest: gave oblique answers to the questions.
- Not direct in descent; collateral.
- Designating any noun case except the nominative or the vocative.
- An oblique thing, such as a line, direction, or muscle.
- verb - to deviate from the horizontal or vertical