Scrabble word: MUFFLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MUFFLE exist?
Definitions of MUFFLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a kiln with an inner chamber for firing things at a low temperature
- verb - conceal or hide
- verb - deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
- To wrap up, as in a blanket or shawl, for warmth, protection, or secrecy.
- To wrap or pad in order to deaden the sound: muffled the drums.
- To deaden (a sound): The sand muffled the hoofbeats.
- To make vague or obscure: “His message was so muffled by learning and ‘artiness’” (Walter Blair).
- To repress; stifle.
- Something that muffles.
- A kiln or part of a kiln in which pottery can be fired without being exposed to direct flame.
- The fleshy, hairless snout of certain mammals, such as ruminants.
- verb - to wrap with something to deaden sound