Scrabble word: MORTISE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MORTISE exist?
Definitions of MORTISE in dictionaries:
- noun - a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint
- verb - cut a hole for a tenon in
- verb - join by a tenon and mortise
- A usually rectangular cavity in a piece of wood, stone, or other material, prepared to receive a tenon and thus form a joint.
- A hole cut in a plate for insertion of type.
- To join or fasten securely, as with a mortise and tenon.
- To make a mortise in.
- To cut a hole in (a plate) for the insertion of type.
- To cut such a hole and insert (type).
- verb - to join or fasten securely