Scrabble word: MORTISE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MORTISE exist?
Definitions of MORTISE in dictionaries:
- noun - a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint
- verb - cut a hole for a tenon in
- verb - join by a tenon and mortise
- A usually rectangular cavity in a piece of wood, stone, or other material, prepared to receive a tenon and thus form a joint.
- A hole cut in a plate for insertion of type.
- To join or fasten securely, as with a mortise and tenon.
- To make a mortise in.
- To cut a hole in (a plate) for the insertion of type.
- To cut such a hole and insert (type).
- verb - to join or fasten securely
There are 7 letters in MORTISE: E I M O R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to MORTISE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word MORTISE plus a wildcard: MORTISE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MORTISE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for MORTISE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.