Scrabble word: MORTGAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does MORTGAGE exist?
Definitions of MORTGAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a conditional conveyance of property as security for the repayment of a loan
- verb - put up as security or collateral
- A temporary, conditional pledge of property to a creditor as security for performance of an obligation or repayment of a debt.
- A contract or deed specifying the terms of a mortgage.
- The claim of a mortgagee upon mortgaged property.
- To pledge or convey (property) by means of a mortgage.
- To make subject to a claim or risk; pledge against a doubtful outcome: mortgaged their political careers by taking an unpopular stand.
- verb - to pledge to a creditor as security