Scrabble word: MAFIA
In which Scrabble dictionary does MAFIA exist?
Definitions of MAFIA in dictionaries:
- noun - a crime syndicate in the United States
- noun - a secret terrorist group in Sicily
- noun - any tightly knit group of trusted associates
- A secret terrorist organization in Sicily, operating since the early 19th century in opposition to legal authority: “Rome they despised, the Mafia they feared, but not to submission” (Mario Puzo).
- An alleged international criminal organization believed active, especially in Italy and the United States, since the late 19th century.
- A tightly knit group of trusted associates, as of a political leader: “[He] is one of the personal mafia that [the chancellor] brought with him to Bonn” (Christian Science Monitor).
- noun - a secret criminal organization