Scrabble word: LEVERAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does LEVERAGE exist?
Definitions of LEVERAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- noun - strategic advantage
- noun - investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
- verb - supplement with leverage
- verb - provide with leverage
- The action of a lever.
- The mechanical advantage of a lever.
- Positional advantage; power to act effectively: “started his... career with far more social leverage than his father had enjoyed” (Doris Kearns Goodwin).
- The use of credit or borrowed funds to improve one’s speculative capacity and increase the rate of return from an investment, as in buying securities on margin.
- To provide (a company) with leverage.
- To supplement (money, for example) with leverage.
- To affect as if by leverage: a lifestyle that was leveraged by business responsibilities.
- verb - to provide with a type of economic advantage